From a project coordinator’s perspective, what are some important things people can do to get the most out of their software training?
Schedule your training when you have the time to really dedicate and focus on learning something new. Also, be sure to get plenty of rest the night before. It’s the little things that make a difference in retaining new information – whether that’s eating a good breakfast the day of training, ensuring that you are comfortable, or making sure you have a quiet space to learn.
Finally, prior to training, your preparation should include the following action items:
• Subscribe to Omatic Forums
• Download the product user guide
• Complete your software installation
• Watch Omatic’s pre-training videos
After training, what are some ongoing things that help people get the most from their software?
Here are a few quick post-training tips that come to mind:
• Network with other Omatic clients if you’re ever in doubt that you are using your software wisely. You may find that your process could use refinement. Or, you may even learn something new from another user.
• Subscribe to Omatic Forums if you didn’t during training. It’s a must! Omatic’s Forum will keep you in the loop as new products or updates to products are released.
• Don’t be afraid to reach out to our fearless support team for assistance if you’re ever stuck.
• Never let your yearly maintenance lapse. Maintenance provides access to all support resources.
What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
Try new things and don’t fear change! In 2009, I faced my fear of heights and went skydiving – twice! I have also taken on public speaking opportunities when in reality I’d rather be in a coffin than giving a eulogy.
Stepping outside your comfort zone is the fastest way to personal growth. I bring this up because the same philosophy applies to learning new products and processes. People often become accustomed to doing things a certain way and can really fear change. Omatic products are designed to make life easier. So, I encourage people to embrace change, even if it’s uncomfortable at first. Trust me, it will pay off in the long run!
When you aren’t keeping the busy Professional Services team running, what can we find you doing?
Lots and lots of yoga, wasting time on Pinterest, walking my dog, and hanging out with my fiancé. I love going to the beach and trying new restaurants – and fortunately there’s no shortage of either in Charleston! I also like traveling, live music, and being outdoors as much as possible.
The Raiser’s Edge™ is a trademark of Blackbaud, Inc.
Omatic Software is dedicated to integrating disparate systems and democratizing data access for today’s nonprofits. Founded in 2002, Omatic has worked with thousands of nonprofits globally to remove their data barriers by integrating systems and enabling nonprofit teams to leverage their donor data rather than be burdened by it. The Omatic team has one goal – unleashing the power of data to show a complete view of your donor, enabling data-driven decision making and opportunity creation for your organization.