Omatic Acceptable Use Policy
Effective Date: January 21, 2020
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) governs your use of Omatic’s Services.
You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations in connection with your use of the Services. You may not use our Services to post or transmit any illegal material, including without limitation any transmissions that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law or regulation. In particular and without limiting the foregoing, the following is a representative, non-exhaustive list of acts that are prohibited:
- The transmission or posting of chain letters or pyramid schemes, or other acts that involve deceptive online marketing practices or fraud;
- Acts that may materially and adversely affect the quality of other users’ experience;
- Actual or attempted unauthorized use or sabotage of any computers, machines or networks;
- Introducing malicious programs into the Services, network or servers (e.g. viruses, worms, Trojan horses, etc.);
- Engaging in any monitoring or interception of data not intended for you without authorization;
- Attempting to circumvent authentication or security of any host, network, or account without authorization;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying intellectual property used to provide the Services, or any part thereof;
- Adapt, modify or create derivative works based on the Services, technology underlying the Services, or other users’ content, in whole or part;
- Duplicate, license, sublicense, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, sell, rebrand, or otherwise transfer information found on the Services (excluding content posted by you) except as permitted in these Terms, or as expressly authorized by Omatic in writing;
- Using any method, software or program designed to collect identity information, authentication credentials, or other information;
- Transmitting or receiving, uploading, using or reusing material that is abusive, indecent, defamatory, harassing, obscene or menacing, or a breach of confidence, privacy or similar third party rights;
- Transmitting or receiving, uploading, using or reusing material that violates any intellectual property rights of a third party, including, without limitation, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or copyrights;
- Transmitting, receiving, uploading, using or reusing material that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Falsifying user identification information;
- Using the Services for anything other than lawful purposes including, but not limited to, intentionally or unintentionally violating any applicable local, state, national or international law; or
- Using the Services while operating a motor vehicle;
- Impersonating any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an Omatic representative, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity.
Further, you agree not to use the Services for the purpose of recruiting for another website or service that offers competing functionality to the Services.
Omatic enforces a zero-tolerance SPAM policy regarding information transmitted through our network. Omatic may determine in its sole discretion whether any transmissions are considered SPAM. SPAM includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Bulk unsolicited e-mail, promotional material, or other forms of solicitation sent via the Services, or e-mail that advertises any IP address belonging to Omatic or any URL (domain) that is hosted by Omatic.
- The use of web pages set up on ISPs that allow SPAM-ing that directly or indirectly reference customers to domains or IP addresses hosted by Omatic.
- Forging or misrepresenting message headers, whether in whole or in part, to mask the true origin of the message.
If Omatic determines that you have posted one or more articles of SPAM, we may cancel your account immediately and take steps to prevent you from using our network at any time thereafter.
Omatic respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects that you do the same. It is our policy to terminate, in appropriate circumstances, the accounts of subscribers who infringe the copyrights of others. You may not upload, download, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, or distribute in any way, files, material, information, software or other material obtained through the Services that is protected by copyright or other proprietary right or derivative works with respect thereto, without obtaining permission of the copyright owner or other right holder. Omatic has the right, but not the obligation, to remove from the Services any files, material, information, software or other material Omatic believes is or may be, in its sole discretion, infringing or otherwise in violation of the rights of others.
If you believe in good faith that your copyright has been infringed, please provide a written communication regarding such belief to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting and Violations
Omatic requests that anyone with information about a violation of this AUP report it by sending an email to: email@example.com. Omatic may suspend your access to the Services, in whole or in part, if it reasonably suspects an AUP violation.