Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Omatic is revolutionizing the non-profit world, and we are looking for a high caliber CTO to join our cause.
Omatic is the only cloud-based data health and integration platform dedicated solely to nonprofits and has helped over 2,600 organizations fuel their missions by providing innovative tools that make data accessible and actionable. Our cutting-edge technology empowers non-profits to operate more efficiently so they can ultimately spend more time on what matters – raising money and serving their missions.
Omatic has seen substantial growth since being founded in 2002 and has been named to Inc. Magazine’s Inc. 500|5000-America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies list. Recognizing the potential opportunity for integrating all nonprofit technologies and the good that can be done through tech integrations in the space, the company is positioned for exponential growth, selling into an integration industry that is $30 billion in size. Omatic is well-positioned to dominate and lead the non-profit integration and data services space.
This is a place where the employees thrive on helping others, both through business goals and personal pursuits. Fun, energetic, and lively are terms frequently used to describe the culture at Omatic, and this is balanced by an undercurrent of hard work and commitment. We tackle big challenges, we revel in the process of solving big problems, and we celebrate the wins for our company and our customers.
A trusted advisor to the CEO, the CTO will play an integral role in setting the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth across all applications and infrastructure. This role will own the vision for Omatic’s technical approach, and will lead a vibrant team as it grows, evolves and expands our reach around the globe.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Build and evolve a world-class development team committed to helping non-profit organizations do more good
- Direct strategic technical vision for the company and anticipate, plan and act on shifts in technology
- Work in lock-step with Product Management to execute on Omatic’s product vision
- Be responsible for the delivery of all software, including velocity and quality
- Serve as a trusted member of and advisor to Omatic’s executive team
- Communicate the progress of the Product, Engineering and Design organization to the company, Board and its investors.
What You Will Bring to Omatic:
- Exceptional people leader who can recruit and grow talent
- Successfully migrated customers from a legacy client to a SaaS product
- Track record of hiring A-players
- Experience successfully building distributed and offshore teams
- Owner mindset and natural ability to make decisions based on economic value
- Has had startup/small company experience and has experience as and continues to be a hands-on servant leader
- Passion for coaching and developing high-performing software developers
- Idea champion who is committed to creating a culture of experimentation and learning in a safe environment
- Adept at researching third party solutions that we can leverage in evaluating build/buy decisions
- Experience with and deep understanding of relational databases, database migrations, data transformation and enterprise integration
- Proven expertise with Agile development methodologies (CI/CDD) KANBAN, SCRUM
- Deep working knowledge of various cloud development, testing, and production environments (Azure, AWS)
- Startup-minded leader who Gets Shit Done (GSD) and embraces the Get More Done with Less philosophy
- Willing to commute frequently to or eventually relocate to Charleston, SC
- Computer Engineering Degree is a plus
As you may already know, Travel + Leisure magazine has selected Charleston as the No. 1 city in the U.S. and Canada for the sixth consecutive year and for good reason! Referred to as Silicon Harbor, Charleston is home to a growing community of start-ups and tech companies.
We offer a competitive salary with bonus potential, health insurance (with extremely generous employer-covered options), dental and vision coverage, 401K with company match, a lively office atmosphere with company-sponsored lunches, outings and the all-important stocked fridge and pantry for the snacker in you.
We are a proud 5-time Inc. 500/5000 honoree for Fastest Growing Private Companies in America and a 2018 Best Places to Work in South Carolina award winner. The Omatic Team is comprised of extremely passionate, experienced professionals who are dedicated to integrating disparate systems and democratizing data access for today’s nonprofits. To learn more about who we are, what we do and why we do it, we invite you to watch our team video.
Please send your resume to email@example.com