Directly Connect Your System with Raiser's Edge
ImportOmatic is used by thousands of nonprofits to integrate, extend and transform getting their data into Raiser’s Edge. Starting with ImportOmatic 3.0, software developers can now write connector plugins for ImportOmatic to connect it directly to external systems, one-way or bi-directional. Rather than importing from a flat file, a connector enables ImportOmatic to pull from sources such as student information systems, volunteer management solutions, membership systems or much more.
Anyone can build a connector – you can get started today! With a growing ecosystem of integrations, we hope this page provides all the resources you need to get started.
The Software Development Kit provides documentation on the connector architecture, a sample Microsoft .Net project, and a test harness application to test connectors without requiring the developer to have ImportOmatic installed. Currently support for data adapter development is through the forum.
We have open-sourced the VolunteerHub Connector that can be used as an example.
API for ImportOmatic
ImportOmatic also offers an open API that enables you to customize the data processing to your liking. Want to connect it to an external web service, develop custom processing logic, write if/then statements – no problem! The API is a robust scripting engine that allows end users, consultants or third parties to customize the solution. Anyone with baseline knowledge of Microsoft VB.Net or C# can leverage the API.
Customization at Your Fingertips
Free for Raiser's Edge
Free scripting for Raiser's Edge™, available for all users
Unlimited options to customize processed data, unique to each organization.
Easy to Use
Easy to use with very little prior programming knowledge. Easily write simple or complex logic.
Examples & Ideas
- If…Then…Else logic for imported field values
- If gift is over $10,000 and Solicit Code is Board Member, then apply constituent code of Board Member
- Connect to an external web service to enhance the data as it is imported
- Automatically standardize address as data is being imported
- Pull data directly from another database
- Eliminate the files and have ImportOmatic pull the data
- Perform calculations and update summary values during imports
- Auto-calculate a donor’s total giving and update their “giving society” level
- Automatically notify staff of important changes
- Automatically send an email to a solicitor when one of their prospects gives a gift
Robust API for Importing
Allowing users to easily write If…Then…Else logic for imported field values, connect to an external web service to enhance the data as it is imported, or develop custom data processing, the API offers unlimited options for users. Anyone with baseline knowledge of Microsoft VB.Net or C+ can leverage the ImportOmatic API to personalize their importing processes.
View the Connectors Library
ImportOmatic Connectors™ make it possible to move data to and from 3rd party tools like MailChimp, Classy, and DonorDrive – in a single step! No spreadsheet required!