The Avera Foundation Exceeds Giving Tuesday Goal by 28% with Omatic and Classy Integration
“We needed a solution like Omatic to seamlessly connect data from Classy to our CRM, steward them properly, and connect with them year after year. We are grateful to Omatic, and without their solution, retaining donors would be an impossible task.”
Dedicated to health and healing in the upper Midwest, the Avera Foundation serves states that include South Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota, and Nebraska. Donor contributions, whether in monetary gifts, supplies, or volunteer hours, are maximized to extend and enrich the lives of community members. Avera’s mission is to make a positive impact on the lives and health of individuals and communities by providing quality services guided by Christian values.
In anticipation of Giving Tuesday, the Avera Foundation identified shortcomings in their tech stack, hindering their ability to reach ambitious fundraising goals. Avera recognized the need for not only a more robust and donor-friendly event webpage, but also a way to seamlessly connect that information to their multiple fundraising systems:
- Siloed fundraising systems: Avera needed to better grasp factors such as supporters’ propensities to give and the complete giving history of previous donors. However, disconnected systems prevented Avera from gaining a full picture of constituents’ relationship with the organization.
- Lack of personalized communication: Without full visibility into their constituents’ giving history, Avera was unable to effectively create targeted and personalized campaigns. It became evident that without complete integration among their tech stack, Avera would be unable to achieve their Giving Tuesday and future fundraising goals.
Avera sought a solution to foster continuous connections with supporters between events, leading them to adopt Classy for streamlined giving and Omatic for solving integration and data import challenges:
- An end-to-end integrated solution: While Classy facilitated easy giving for supporters, Omatic addressed the direct API connection between Classy and Avera’s Raiser’s Edge database, allowing the two systems to directly speak to each other. With the integration, Avera ensured accurate donor and attendee information across systems.
- Streamlined Giving Tuesday communication: After Giving Tuesday, Omatic made it simple for Avera to follow up with donors through personalized, segmented communications based on individual donor behavior, helping them increase event registrations, raise more money, and see a year-over-year increase in online giving.
The Avera Foundation’s Giving Tuesday 2022 campaign showcased the power of their enhanced tech stack. Personal storytelling on a dedicated Classy page resulted in increased donor engagement, with Omatic aiding in post-event donor follow-ups based on individual behaviors.
Applying lessons learned from Giving Tuesday, the Avera team successfully implemented these strategies in their next biggest event of the year, the Avera Race Against Cancer. These new practices led to record-breaking results:
- 20% increase in dollars raised from 2022
- 31% increase in total registrations for the race
The Classy-Omatic combination proved instrumental in simplifying donation processes, fostering donor engagement, and setting new standards for event efficiency.
Omatic Solutions Used by Avera
- Raiser’s Edge and Classy Connector
Download the complete customer success story today!