The Omatic team is back from bbcon, and what an awesome time it was!! Thanks to all of those attendees that stopped by our booth – we enjoyed meeting you all! For those that attended bbcon, and for those that didn’t, we’ve got the most popular questions asked at the Omatic bbcon booth answered for you. Check out the inside scoop on the Omatic bbcon buzz:
1. What’s new from Omatic?
- With our latest ImportOmatic 3 release, we’ve announced new ImportOmatic Connectors that make it possible to move data from third party tools like Bidr, Blackbaud Sphere®, Classy, DonorDrive®, Magnify It, MailChimp®, Spectra, and VolunteerHub® into Raiser’s Edge™ in a single step! No spreadsheet required! With the Connectors, it’s never been easier to manage your data integration with Raiser’s Edge. Oh, and did we mention that most of them are FREE?!
- MergeOmatic! Getting rid of those duplicate records in Raiser’s Edge has never been easier or safer. With MergeOmatic, you can count on easy, fast, and automated duplicate record identification. Quickly preview all duplicate records in your database with the filter and review capabilities. Now you can confidently merge constituent records in minutes, instead of hours or even days!
- With ScoreOmatic, you can individually score constituents using any data component stored in your Raiser’s Edge database to determine affinity and engagement. Constituent scoring is a fantastic way to categorize and prioritize your constituents based on any criteria including contact information, behavior, interactions, and giving.
2. What’s the difference between finding duplicates with ImportOmatic and MergeOmatic?
ImportOmatic is an automated data importing tool with duplicate record matching built-in. ImportOmatic’s advanced matching will match data in the import file to existing records if they’re determined to be the same. On the other hand, MergeOmatic helps identify and merge duplicate records that already exist in your Raiser’s Edge database. Therefore, ImportOmatic serves as a preventative duplicate record import tool and MergeOmatic is your go-to tool for existing duplicate record cleanup.
3. What kind of services does Omatic provide?
Omatic offers a wide array of services to support Raiser’s Edge. With Omatic Services, get the assistance you need from our Raiser’s Edge experts for customizations, database migrations, consolidations, database audits, training, scoring, duplicate merging, and so much more. Omatic’s entire Technical and Database Services team is Blackbaud certified (bCRE). We fulfill a wide range of database needs to help you make the most of your technology investments, including analyzing, migrating, merging or customizing your database.
4. Will Omatic products be able to work with Raiser’s NXT™?
Yes! All Omatic products that are currently supported in the Blackbaud hosting environment will be work with Raiser’s Edge NXT. And, we already have clients using ImportOmatic with Raiser’s Edge NXT! What products are currently available in hosting, you ask? Good question! Check out question #5!
5. What Omatic products working in hosting?
Currently, the following products are all available in the Blackbaud hosting environment – ImportOmatic, List Management, SegmentOmatic, RecordRadar, EventOmatic, FindOmatic, PostOmatic, MailOmatic for Schools, MailOmatic for Accounting, and PosPay.
6. How does MergeOmatic compare to Blackbaud’s Mass Merge Plug-in?
There are several things the MergeOmatic does that Blackbaud’s Mass Merge Plug-in doesn’t do. MergeOmatic…
- …provides information on all identified duplicates in your database for free!
- …offers a data visualization of duplicates by confidence score providing instant insight into data hygiene
- …scans a subset of constituents for duplicates anywhere in your database. It searches for duplicates across the entire database and returns results for the records within a query which results in picking up more duplicate records and then allowing you to work through the duplicates in more manageable chunks.
- …allows for first reviewing and then merging high-confidence duplicates by scoring duplicates to distinguish best matches from matches that might not be that strong. You can then filter results by looking at duplicate sets that are above a certain similarity score.
- …utilizes advanced fuzzy searching algorithms to identify hard-to-spot duplicates based on Omatic’s 13 years of experience preventing duplicates with ImportOmatic for millions of records and thousands of clients. This results in finding many more, better quality duplicates.
- …has built-in workflows allowing one user to review and queue identified duplicates for merging and another user to approve / merge them. MergeOmatic saves time in the review process by selecting the correct Survivor record and it saves time in the merge process by deleting the duplicate record.
- …offers robust, customizable calculation using any combination of constituent data to determine the surviving record. Allowing the system to select the correct Survivor saves time!
- …provides the option to delete the duplicate record after merging data into the survivor record versus having to use Global Delete to remove child records
- …prevents future duplicates by analyzing past user activity that created duplicate records. MergeOmatic will tell you who your repeat offenders are!
7. What connectors does IOM work with today?
Don’t see one you need? You can work with Omatic or other software developers to build it! LEARN MORE
8. How can Omatic help us prepare for our move to Raiser’s Edge NXT?
There are three specific ways we can help you prepare for a move to Raiser’s Edge NXT.
a. You may have already heard that Raiser’s Edge NXT pricing is based on the number of constituent records in your database. So, to make sure you don’t have duplicates in your database that could increase the cost of NXT for you, we recommend running MergeOmatic to clean up your duplicate records. See questions 1, 2, and 6 for more information on MergeOmatic.
b. If you have records that, one, you don’t want to be full constituent records, two, you don’t want to store outside of Raiser’s Edge, or three, you don’t want to be counted in your constituent records driving up your Raiser’s Edge NXT cost, you should take a look at List Management. With List Management, you can still have these records – records that you may have acquired from an external list, event attendees, or a patient list but they have donated yet – within Raiser’s Edge and treat them just like constituent records so you can reach out to them with appeals, for example, but are not considered full constituent records. List Management acts as a holding tank for these records until they donate and you want to elevate them to a full constituent.
c. We can help with any data clean-up and preparation service to make sure your database is in top-notch form before making the move. Having your data ready before moving to Raiser’s Edge NXT will help the transition process go more smoothly.
9. What is List Management?
List Management is like a holding tank for non-constituent records. If you have records that you don’t want to be full constituent records, you don’t want to store them outside of RE, or you don’t want them to be counted in your constituent records potentially driving up your Raiser’s NXT cost, you should take a look at List Management. With List Management, you can still have these records – that you may have acquired from an external list, event attendees, or a patient list but they have donated yet – within Raiser’s Edge, treat them like constituent records so you can reach out to them with appeals but are not considered full constituent records. List Management acts as a holding tank for these records until they donate and you want to elevate them to a full constituent.
10. What about integration with Raiser’s NXT?
ImportOmatic works with Raiser’s Edge NXT in the same way that it works with Raiser’s Edge. The data structure on the back-end of Raiser’s Edge is the same for Raiser’s Edge NXT. The user experience in Raiser’s Edge NXT is different.
Omatic Software is dedicated to integrating disparate systems and democratizing data access for today’s nonprofits. Founded in 2002, Omatic has worked with thousands of nonprofits globally to remove their data barriers by integrating systems and enabling nonprofit teams to leverage their donor data rather than be burdened by it. The Omatic team has one goal – unleashing the power of data to show a complete view of your donor, enabling data-driven decision making and opportunity creation for your organization.