Export is a new feature that allows ImportOmatic to use a connector to export data from Raiser’s Edge™ to another system. For example, you may export Raiser’s Edge data to a ticketing system, a retail point of sale system, or even an ftp folder.
Export is free and is automatically enabled once you upgrade ImportOmatic to version 3.2 or higher. By default, the source of your exported data will be a Raiser’s Edge query and the destination will be a CSV file. However, you can change both to fit your needs.
What are the benefits of using Export through ImportOmatic?
The reasons to use the export functionality in ImportOmatic are the very same reason you choose ImportOmatic and its data connectors!
- Direct connection to your database. – There’s no exporting data out of Raiser’s Edge only to have to figure out how to import it into your other system(s).
- Include List Management records in Export. – If you have nonconstituents hanging out in List Management, they can be exported!
- Dictionaries reverse the translations. – You can apply a dictionary to any row to convert Raiser’s Edge values to a format your destination database is expecting!
- Profiles keep exporting consistent. – By building an export profile, you can use virtual fields to fill in missing data, track the profile history to see when the data was last exported, and even refresh the field mapping if your needs change.
- Know who you missed. – The export functionality in ImportOmatic builds a query of Exceptions in Raiser’s Edge. This can help you to easily see which data could not make it to your destination, correct the issue, and try again!
What if I don’t use any ImportOmatic Connectors?
You can still can use Export in ImportOmatic to send data to a CSV file or a SQL database.
How do I use it?
Create an export profile just like creating an import profile. For example, if you’re exporting from a query in Raiser’s Edge, you can map your query output fields to a destination in your other database, or even apply dictionaries and virtual fields. Once the profile is configured, you can easily rerun the export whenever you want, just like when importing. If you’re using a connector to link to another system, there may be a couple initial configuration steps the first time you use Export.
Can’t really think of how you’d use Export? Need an example?
Sure! Let’s say you use MailChimp to manage your email marketing. Therefore, it’s vital to make sure your constituents who wish to subscribe or unsubscribe to future correspondence are kept updated in Raiser’s Edge. Keeping MailChimp updated is also important if someone is marked as “Requests No Email” or “Do Not Solicit” on the Raiser’s Edge side… These scenarios can easily be solved with Export. Simply build a query of which records to export from Raiser’s Edge, and set it to connect to your unsubscribe list in MailChimp! See Below: When you run the export, everything is linked up and ready to go:
During the export, the push to MailChimp matches the email addresses to ensure we don’t create duplicates.
You can even export new subscribers from Raiser’s Edge to your subscriber lists in MailChimp. As long as the record is new to MailChimp, custom fields and email addresses will be added. For example, perhaps you recently imported EmailFinder results and need to make sure the new email addresses make it to your marketing lists in MailChimp. The ImportOmatic Export will ensure that existing records are not duplicated while new records are added!
Finally, we’ve added a way for you to track when an export was last run. You can open the Profile Export History from within the profile configuration or even right from the export screen:
The sky is truly the limit when it comes to export functionality for ImportOmatic! How will you leverage Export?